Even seemingly minor childhood injuries hurt, but often the attendant flow of tears stems more from anxiety than from the pain itself.
Cuts and scrapes usually mean blood, and blood can be scary. Getting a little one’s mind on happier thoughts can help. But what?
Hmmmm, how about the Muppets?
went far beyond simply putting the images of Bert, Ernie, Kermit, and the gang on its adhesive bandages. It animated them, using a mobile app.
That’s turning an “owie” into a “wowie-zowie.”
The promotional effort, spearheaded by RF|Binder
, is the winner in the Best Branding Campaign category of Ragan’s 2013 PR Daily Awards.
RF|Binder tapped an array of influential media outlets and other influencers, ranging from The New York Times
—which published an exclusive story that launched the coverage—to mommy bloggers.
The multipronged campaign strategy drove tremendous consumer awareness, and the Magic Vision App
launch went viral in less than 48 hours.
The summary, from the entrants:
- More than 35 stories in two days, including wide-ranging social media pickup of The New York Times exclusive.
- Coverage in top technology outlets such as Mashable and Gizmodo, which was a first for the brand.
- Broadcast mentions reaching more than 200 stations nationwide including CNN, New York 1, CW, and Today in L.A.
- Online and print stories across all targeted media genres, including the Chicago Tribune, Forbes, Ad Age, Business Insider, Parenting.com, People.com, LilSugar.com, Café Mom.com, LATimes.com, Yahoo, Media Post, MSN.com, and GMA SmartBrief.
- 192.4 million impressions garnered to date.
Congratulations to Edwige Buteau, Juli McGlynn, Jill Metzger, Jacqueline Piccolo, and all others whose efforts made this campaign a standout.
Want to get recognized for your hard work? Find out about Ragan and PR Daily’s award programs here