The following is an excerpt from “21 signs that social media has taken over the world”:
1. Your baby is born in the hospital and the nurse asks, ”What’s the baby’s handle so we can fill out his birth certificate?”
2. The new name for hide and seek is “Foursquare.”
3. The phrase “He’s all thumbs” is considered a huge compliment for a fast texter.
4. Every house with kids in it proudly displays their avatars on the mantle in the den; no one seems to recall what a school picture is.
5. No one talks anymore. We simply chat.
6. When someone says “Smile for the picture”, you immediately think emoticon :)
7. Kids laugh at their parents when we describe how TweetDeck worked.
8. On special occasions, family dinner means Grandma shares her story, “When I was your age and had to tweet from my Blackberry, we paid $12 to see the ‘Avatar’ movie in 3D and got these silly glasses….”
9. The board game Scrabble now has pieces with .ly and http://
10. Baby bibs that used to say “Spit Happens” now read “Spam Happens, IMHO.”
For 11 more signs, visit Get In Front Communications.