When it comes to social media we all know nothing stays the same for long. As formats change, we groan and move on.
Last week, LinkedIn announced on its blog that Company Pages
are getting a complete redesign. Don’t worry about updating your brand’s LinkedIn Company Page yet as the new style is only available to a handful of companies, such as Philips, Citi, HP, and Dell this week. Common folk like us can expect to see the new format by the end of this year.
Here are things you need to know about the New LinkedIn Company Pages:
1. LinkedIn Company Pages are not getting any new features. They are only updating the look and feel of the page.
2. Status updates and products and services will be more prominently displayed.
3. Like Facebook, you will be able to add a cover-style image to the top of the page that reflects your law firm brand.
4. LinkedIn Company Pages will be easily viewed on the iPhone, Android, and iPad LinkedIn apps.
5. You will be encouraged to target your company status updates via a more prominently displayed targeting option.
Here’s an example of the brand new Philips LinkedIn Company Page
, notice how the logo, cover photo, and status updates will look:
This section is displayed to the right of the above image:
LinkedIn is rolling out the new Company Page format to give users easier access to the information they want. The goal is to get your brand’s Company Page more followers so your status updates can be seen by a larger group of people.
Samantha Collier, a well-known social media personality in the legal world, works as the chief content manager at Shift Digital Media. Read more about Samantha here. A version of this story first appeared on the blog Social Media for Law Firms.