Clients and prospective clients are the lifeblood of any agency. We love them! But they do say odd, confusing, and even exasperating things at times.
Here’s a list of some of our favorites.
1. “We finally figured out what we need. Let’s do a viral video!”
2. “We’re looking for someone to grow with us.”
3. “We’d like a campaign/stunt/launch like Apple. Something like when the phone was left in the bar.”
4. “Don’t spend a lot of time on it, and don’t write a plan, just give me an approach.”
5. “My nephew just graduated from college and has some thoughts about our social media.”
6. “How much for a press release?”
7. “The last agency we worked with had a good idea. Maybe you could do a campaign like that, but different?”
8. “Can you make this look great by the end of the day? But don’t change anything.”
9. “We’re looking at 30 agencies and hope you’ll want to participate.”
Sound familiar? What have you heard from clients?
Dorothy Crenshaw is CEO and creative director of Crenshaw Communications. She has been named one of the public relations industry’s 100 Most Powerful Women by PR Week. This story first appeared on the Crenshaw Communications blog.