This is getting ridiculous.
A mother has filed a police report claiming a Chili’s in Chicago served her 4-year-old daughter a mudslide—that’s vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey’s—instead of a milkshake.
The mother told Chicago’s NBC affiliate
“[The server] tried to take the drink and leave the shake and I said no, leave the drink and go get your manager. And that's when I pulled out my camera phone and I took pictures. And after I took the pictures, I called the police.”
NBC Chicago reported that the 4-year-old was “diagnosed with alcohol ingestion overdose at a local hospital.” The incident occurred on Sunday night.
Chili’s is disputing the mother’s claim and is investigating the incident.
The official Chili’s Twitter account
is mum on the topic, even though Twitter users are talking about it
On Monday, PR Daily reported
that the National Restaurant Association had issued a statement responding to two other recent incidents in which restaurants served alcohol to minors.
Nearly two weeks ago, an Applebee’s restaurant in Michigan served a toddler tequila and apple juice
in a sippy cup. The company apologized
and said it was retraining its workforce to prevent any similar incidents. The mother of the toddler has filed a lawsuit