[Ed.'s note: Click here to see the U.K. edition of this list.]
During a date you are tweeting a reporter about a new pooper scooper.
9. A TV assignment editor threatens to break your dialing finger if you call again on deadline.
8. You didn't take a single public relations course before entering the field.
7. Your friends become nauseous when you want to talk about another new media placement.
6. You sent a pitch to editor Jim Harris and realized it was Jill Harrison.
5. You lost a PR job because you told the recruiter that you "like people."
4. You get excited when anyone at The New York Times takes your call.
3. At 4 a.m. you're at a TV station for an early morning segment.
2. You have a PR budget that will just about cover a large latte.
1. Your mother still doesn't understand what you do for a living.
David Brimm is president of BrimmComm Inc.