Read the full story at Ragan.com
Did you see the disgusting video
of Domino's Pizza employees defiling customers’ food? These geniuses taped themselves doing it and then posted it to YouTube Monday. On Tuesday morning, the video had less than 20,000 views; this morning about 700,000 people (and growing) have seen the video. So what’s Domino's response so far? The company “doesn’t want to put the candle out with a fire hose,” Domino's Vice President of Corporate Communications Tim McIntyre told Ragan.com. He said communicators there agreed launching a PR blitz would only bring more attention to the incident. So what has it done? E-mailed a form letter to the hundreds of people who have written Domino's about the video, and, according to the Charlotte Observer
, issued a press release to media outlets. Also, Domino's is considering launching an internal effort, McIntyre told Ragan.com, but didn’t offer more details. He did say video cameras will be banned for all employees. Social media experts are calling Domino's approach a mistake. Related Sky News
Domino's has fired the two employees in the video. Also, police in North Carolina, site of the Domino's location, issued an arrest warrant for them. The company, striking a harsher tone talking to Britain’s Sky News, said it would consider a civil lawsuit. “Domino's is not in a forgiving or forgetting mood right now. It is not acceptable," a spokeswoman told Sky News Online.