There are more than 200 million people who use Twitter. An infographic from Infographics Archive has the stats about these people and what they post.
Who are the tweeters?
- Almost half of Twitter's user base is between the ages of 18 and 34 (45 percent)
- Twitter users are spread fairly evenly throughout all income brackets
- More than half of all tweeters don't have kids (53 percent)
What are they adding to the Twitter stream?
- Almost half of all tweets are pointless babble (40.1 percent)
- Fewer than 40 percent of tweets are conversational (37.6 percent)
- Only 8.7 percent of tweets have pass-along value
Check out the graphic for more Twitter facts and figures: