Congratulations to the winners of PR Daily’s 2013 Video Awards
We asked to see your best business videos. You showed us how to do video right.
Whether it was video of a NFL player visiting a children’s hospital or of the $75,000 half-court winning shot that went viral, all entries revealed the power of video to tell a story memorably and communicate with an audience.
The entries flooded in. Our judges reviewed all of them. Scores were tallied. It all comes down to this: The announcement of the winners of the 2013 Video Awards.
The staff of PR Daily would like to thank everyone who shared their work with us. We can only imagine how many hours of brainstorming, taping and editing went into your work. Your creativity, resourcefulness and skill give us great hope for video in business communications and set the bar high for next year.
We must thank Qumu for sponsoring the first-ever PR Daily Video Awards and for being the judge of our Grand Prize category!
Qumu's twelve year video tenure and their laser focus on video in the enterprise makes them uniquely qualified to choose our Grand Prize winner.
Qumu’s VP and General Manager, Vern Hanzlik, recently launched an online video show, “How Business Does Video.” In the show, he interviews people with unique perspectives on enterprise video, discusses the trends that affect the enterprise video industry, and answers questions from viewers across the globe. To check out the latest episode, click here: How Business Does Video
To learn more about Qumu’s video services, visit their website: www.qumu.com.
Now, we are proud to announce the winners and honorable mentions of the 2013 Video Awards with this Special Edition of PRDaily.com.
Please check out the winners’ individual pages and find out why the judges found them to be the best.
Congratulations to all!
Best Animated Video
Winner: Verne Global, It’s Not Easy Being Green
Best Charitable/Not-for-Profit Video
Winner: Seattle Children's Hospital, "Thank You" video
- Con Edison, Getting Your Lights Back On After A Storm
- MultiVu, What We Do
- The Duke & The Duck for Inter-American Development Bank, Introducing NEXSO
- Verne Global, The Green Data Center Problem
Best Company Overview Video
Winner: Trainer Communications for Qylur Security Systems, Qylur Launch Video
- GolinHarris for McDonald's Canada, McHappy Day: A History of Smiles
- MSLGROUP for Provincie Noord-Brabant, Museumkwartier's-Hertogenbosch
- The Duke & The Duck for National Trust for Historic Preservation, Partners in Preservation
- Three Square Food Bank and The Firm Public Relations & Marketing, Bag Childhood Hunger Campaign
- Weber Shandwick for Right To Play, Level the Field
Best Event Video
Winner: Seattle Children's Hospital Guild Association, Ain't No Mountain High Enough for Seattle Children's Guilds
- MultiVu, a Division of PR Newswire, What We Do
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, Your Life with Teachers
- Revolution Productions for eVestment, Making Smart Money Smarter
- Stantec, The Stantec Promise
- Seattle Children's Research Institute, A Look Inside the Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics
Best Funny Video
Winner: USAA, Take 2
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2013 Safe and Accessible Playground Build: Why I Build
- American Nurses Association, 2013 ANA Staffing Conference Opening Video
- Bluewater Health, Bluewater Health Foundation, St. Joseph's Hospice and the Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre, Linda's Legacy: Celebrating World Class Palliative Care in Hospice, Hospital and Community
- Johnson & Johnson, ennTV Episode 23: Annual Shareholders Meeting
- MultiVu for Turn, Hack@Turn
Best HR/Benefits Communication Video
Winner: Robins & Morton/Cayenne Creative, 2014 Benefits -- The CDHP Plus
- Discover, Notre Dan
- ESPN Communications Department, ESPN presents 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee Finals
- Health Care Service Corporation, Sit for 60, Move for Two
- MEG Energy, MSG Turning Point
- Northwestern Medicine, "Logo Man" Begins His Day
- True Value Company, "True Value's Got Talent" Introduction Video
Best Internal Communications Video & Grand Prize Winner!
Winner: PayPal, PayPal in 90 Seconds
- ExactTarget, Benefits Open Enrollment Short Films
- NextEra Energy, Inc., Open Enrollment - "Health Plan Connection"
- Robins & Morton / Cayenne Creative, 2014 Benefits -- A Case Study
- Robins & Morton / Cayenne Creative, 2014 Benefits -- The CDHP PLUS
- The Aerospace Corporation, Corporate Communications Directorate, Urgency or Emergency
Best Interview Video
Winner: Ontario Arts Council, Live Love Art... / Vive l'amour de l'art...
- AbbVie R&D Communications & AbbVie Creative Network, Molecule Mike Video
- L.A. Care Health Plan
- Media Production Team for Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, HPO: It's How We Go
- MEG Energy, MSG Turning Point
- The Aerospace Corporation, Corporate Communications Directorate, VTC and Audio Conferencing Etiquette
- USAA, Take 2
Best Low-Budget Video
Winner: Stantec, Net Zero House
- AbbVie Ad Agency/Marketing Communications and Operations, 2013 GM Patient Video
- Aurora Health Care, Celebrating 800th Heart Transplant
- Northwestern Medicine, I Owe My Life To This Hospital
- NYU Langone Medical Center Department of Neurosurgery, NYU Physicians, Spring 2013
- The Boeing Company, Every Medal has a Story
Best Marketing Video
Winner: NovaCopy, Inc., Making of Buttercup's 3D Printed Foot
- Evan Horisk (MultiVu / PR Newswire) for Stonewall Community Foundation, Engaging Our Community
- INK: PR + Brand + Social for Gazelle Foundation, Run for the Water
- Northwestern Medicine, Nightmare (or Not): Moving From Print to Video
Best News Story Video
Winner: NYU Langone Medical Center, Born in the Storm
- ATB Financial, The Future Project
- Bhava Communications for Pure Storage, San Jose Sharks Case Study Video
- Phelps for Panasonic, Attune II Video
- Smartsheet.com, Inc., Ski Club Coordinates Races, Athletes and More with Smartsheet
- The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel, Awaken
- The Tech Museum of Innovation, Social Robots Ep1
Best Public Relations Video
Winner: University of Michigan Health System Public Relations and Marketing Communications, Wolverines for Life
- MultiVu for Otis Elevator, Otis Elevator 160th Anniversary
- Northwestern Medicine, Transforming Care in the ED
- NYU Langone Medical Center, Powered by Our People
- The Boeing Company, Phantom Eye flies again
- The Boeing Company, On target: F-16 flies with an empty cockpit
Best Public Service Announcement
Winner: Simon Fraser University - Safety & Risk Services, Drop, Cover, and Hold on!
- Alibaba Group, Art of the Pitch: Fluzzle Tube small business success
- Collaborative Communications Group and Social Driver for DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), LearnDC
- Corrections Corporation of America (CCA), I Am CCA Employee Spotlight
- Edelman/MATTER for Humana, 2013 Humana Builds Fall Playground Tour
Best Recruitment Video
Winner: JWT INSIDE for GM, IT Recruitment
- The U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Public Affairs, R.Lee Ermey Employer Spot "You Won't Be Sorry"
- University of Colorado Health, Man, Woman or Dog: Every Seat is Important
Best Safety Video
Winner: The U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Public Affairs, Silicosis: Deadly Dust
- JWT INSIDE for City of Hope, weCARE
- Red Hat Inc, The Red Hat - A Recruiting Film
- Weber Shandwick for Royal Bank of Canada, RBC Career Launch
Best Training Video
Winner: Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, Introducing a New Brand
- Con Edison, Think Ask Plan: When You Go On Autopilot
- Contra Costa Water District, "Staying Safe Along The Contra Costa Canal"
- Reimagine PR for Seton, Sign Here
- Strathcona County, Are you prepared?
Best TV Advertising Campaign
Winner: Edmonton Police Service, "Speak Out!"
- FleishmanHillard for AT&T, “Device Launch” Video Series
- JWT INSIDE for UCLA Healthcare, CiCare
- Ketchum Innovative Team, Creative Engines
Best Use of a Celebrity or Personality
Winner: ESPN Communications Department, Steve Carell Goes through the ESPN Car Wash
- Selective, Find the Diamond
- TELUS Studios, We Give Where We Live - TELUS Day Of Giving
- TELUS Studios, TELUS - JDRF Walk To Cure Diabetes
Best Video Infographic
Winner: CGA-Canada, Youth Unemployment in Canada
- Discover, Keeper of the Stanley Cup
- Ketchum for Gillette, Gillette/ProCamps Video Series
- MultiVu for Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund, BGC Partners and Cantor Fitzgerald 2013 Charity Day
- Royal Caribbean International, Quantum Experience Advisor Genevieve Gorder
Best Video Series
Winner: Schneider Electric, My Life as a Manager Video Series
- Porter Novelli for The George Institute for Global Health, Managing Heart Disease for Life
- Schneider Electric, Megatrends - Digitization
Best Viral Video
Winner: Altus Business Development/Bolin Marketing for Carmex, Carmex Half-Court Hero
- Crazy Good Creative for Nissan North America, Quality Crusaders
- Ketchum for Gillette, Gillette/ProCamps Video Series
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, "Don't Stop Believing"
- Red Hat Inc., Away From Keyboard video series
- University of Colorado Health
Winner: Matter Communications for Sigma Corporation of America, Sigma Safari
- Fox International Channels/Mind's Eye/The Corner/MPRM/Kirameki, Get FOXed - The Walking Dead Viral
- Northwestel, Community TV
- PayPal, Who Killed the Cash Register?
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute, Canada’s Virtual Forum on Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Royal Caribbean International, Quantam-Class Reveal Broadcast
Want to get recognized for your hard work? Find out about Ragan and PR Daily's award programs here: http://www.ragan.com/Awards/RaganAwardsPrograms.aspx