For any of you hoping Zima would make a domestic comeback, I’m sorry to say your Facebook support groups and online petitions have fallen on deaf ears (it’s still available in Japan
When it comes to certain products, the word “discontinued” is the cruel, cruel fate that will always leave consumers heartbroken and longing for days that once were.
We can’t all be Hostess
or “Veronica Mars
In fact, here are 21 no-longer-available products that bring a tear to my eye and fond memories to my mind. I hope they find their way back to me someday.
Disclaimer: While some of these products are still alive and well due to warehouse buyouts and what have you, the price markups are outrageous, especially for something that we imagine should probably no longer be edible or come into contact with human skin.
1. Ecto Cooler Hi-C
2. DQ Treatzza Pizza
3. Surge soda
4. Lemon Ice Gatorade and Gatorade Gum
5. “The Cosby Show”
6. Phil Collins—I’m fully aware the singer isn’t dead, but I simply feel his music warrants a comeback.
7. Tan (the color) and Crispy M&M’s
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hostess Pudding Pies
9. Volkswagen Type 2
10. Planters Cheez Balls
11. KFC’s original Chicken Littles—The new variety isn’t up to snuff.
13. “Happy Endings”
14. Original Nintendo
15. St. Ives Whipped Silk Body Lotion—I’m not sure about this one, but if any
of you women are as distraught as my former roommate was over the loss of this
product, then it must’ve been good.
16. The Sponge—This one’s for you, Elaine Benes.
17. The Clinton Era
18. Polaroid Cameras
19. Doritos 3D’s
20. Marshall Field’s—Sorry, Macy’s.
21. “Double Dare”
Honorable Mention: Pizza Hut’s Triple Decker; Watermelon Laffy Taffy (with the seeds); Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid; and Orbitz soft drink.
What products might you willingly crawl back to a brand begging for?