Any PR major knows what it’s like: constantly being “on” or “in the know.” The rush of adrenaline you get when a brand screws up. The wave of sympathy (or jealousy) you feel for publicists who work with the likes of Amanda Bynes or Miley Cyrus.
[RELATED: Learn to write smarter at our PR Writers Summit.]
For better or worse, you love the business you’re about to embark on. Need further proof? BuzzFeed published a list of 10 things only PR majors can appreciate
. Here are our five favorites:
• You are 95% sure that there’s actually coffee in your veins instead of blood.
• Your friends and family don’t bother to check the news anymore. They just ask you, because they know you’ve already scoured every piece of anything newsworthy.
• You explain your major by comparing yourself to Samantha from "Sex and the City," because it’s the only way people understand. Sigh.
• You become unreasonably excited when there’s a huge communication crisis in the news because you know you’ll spend almost the entire class period the next day discussing it in depth.
• The word “Bateman” sends shivers down your spine.
Read the rest of BuzzFeed
's list here
. What would you add?