With the advancement in communication platforms, rise of social media and consumers’ hyper-connectivity, it’s interesting to note that email remains a successful and relied-upon marketing tool.
This holiday season, many of us are inundated with promotional emails.
How do you stay above the fray? How can you ensure that your organization stands out from the crowd (other than offering insanely generous and unprofitable deals)?
First, let’s take a look at some of the statistics that speak to why it’s such an important time for retailers:
- Ninety-two percent of holiday shoppers buy online.
- The average shopper spends $850 during the holidays.
- On average, each shopper spends around $380 on Black Friday.
- More than 27 percent of Black Friday orders are driven by email marketing.
- According to the National Retail Federation, the projected growth for this year’s holiday sales is 3.6 percent—as opposed to the 7-year average of 3.4 percent.
- The projected increase of non-store sales for this year’s holiday season is 7 to 10 percent.
Here are a few ways you can make sure you stand out:
1. Make your deals amazing.
2. Tie your marketing to holiday events.
3. Offer rewards and incentives for referrals.
4. Send reminder emails for upcoming deadlines.
With any marketing campaign—especially if you’re infusing content into your mix—the key to success lies in three magic words: Always add value.
As long as you add value to your customers’ holiday season, you should have no problem meeting sales goals.
For more on holiday email marketing statistics and tips, check out Neverbounce’s Ultimate Holiday Email Marketing Guide infographic: