Few professions have changed as dramatically in the Digital Age as media relations.
It used to be simple: You cultivated relationships with reporters and pitched them ideas that you knew they’d value.
However, media relations has expanded so much in the last 10 years that the job is almost unrecognizable. There are now Twitter celebrities, YouTube stars and Vine heavyweights. You also can’t forget about traditional media sources. The list goes on.
To be a media relations champion, Kantar Media says you have to do the following:
- Create content suitable for multiple channels for effective integration.
- Don’t neglect traditional media.
- Focus on industry bloggers and online “influencers” who matter to your brand.
- Adapt to real-time journalism through newsjacking opportunities.
- Use social media to connect with journalists before pitching.
- Integrate PR with SEO.
Deliver measurable results.
For details on these key points, check out Kantar’s infographic below: