As a modern communicator who wants to grow in your career, you need to be versatile, visible and driving strategy and messaging. You need to be a confident spokesperson who can sell strategies internally and deliver messages effectively to stakeholders. You also need the knowledge to prepare executives to step into that role as well. Could a lack of experience with public speaking be holding you back from your potential as a spokesperson and trusted ally to executives?
Even the most camera-shy or audience-averse individual can bolster their stage presence using basic principles from media training. Join Ragan on March 18 for a webinar with media training experts who will show you how to nail any presentation or interview, whether you're on Zoom, in a board room, or in front of reporters.
Attend this March 18 Webinar and get the critical tips and strategies that you can put into practice immediately to start boosting your influence with audiences and preparing other spokespeople in your organization. Whether you work in internal communications or public relations, don't miss this opportunity to strengthen a skill that could elevate your career.
By attending this webinar, you'll learn:
- How to project confidence and enthusiasm when delivering key messages to internal and external audiences
- Easy ways to improve your body language and appearance in both virtual and in-person settings
- How to prepare executives to speak confidently to the media and other stakeholders
- Common public speaking mistakes and bad habits—and how to correct them
- How to develop a lighting and tech set-up that ensures your virtual presentations are polished and professional
- The key components of any great presentation—and outstanding examples to follow
- How to remain composed and stay on strategy during difficult interviews
- Tactics to deliver compelling interviews and stories on podcasts
- Understand what different audiences are looking from in a presentation, speech, or interview
Whether you're trying to win approval for a budget increase or announcing a new product to the media, appearing nervous or uncertain could sink your efforts. Even if you weren't born a naturally clear and confident public speaker, there are many steps you can take to improve your presence in front of an audience. Veteran public speaking coach and CommCore Consulting Group CEO Andy Gilman will walk you through the essentials of any outstanding speech or presentation.
- How to prepare for success before a presentation, speech, meeting or interview
- Easy exercises and tips to make your words more compelling and memorable
- Tips to improve every part of your virtual presentations—from video and camera set-ups to proper lighting and dress
- Examples of good media interviews—and ones that fell flat due to common mistakes
- Common public speaking mistakes to watch out for—and how to correct them
- How to bridge conversations and stay on message even in a heated interview
- Ways to improve your body language and presentation in virtual and in-person settings
Speaking to reporters or officials can feel like a daunting task—what if a fumbled sentence or out-of-context sound bite comes back to hurt your company and its reputation? With the right preparation and understanding of the media, you and your executives can go into interviews with the confidence needed to stay on strategy. Johnna Miller will share principles and strategies used by the American Farm Bureau Federation to prepare top spokespeople and executives for hard-hitting interviews.
- Techniques to ensure your key messages are reiterated throughout an interview
- How to show leaders the importance of media training—and give them the confidence and skills to enter interviews with ease
- How media training helps you proactively establish your brand narrative—rather than responding to stories
- Mental preparedness tips and how to get in the right state of mind to speak thoughtfully and confidently
|Ragan Insider Registration||$299|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Professionals from all industries and disciplines will benefit from this informative and practical webinar on public speaking and media training.
CService@Ragan.com or by calling 800-878-5331.
How do I access the webinar?
- The access link will be sent to the email used to register for the event, the day of the event.
- If you order by phone, the registration link will be sent via email from your customer service representative.
What should I do if I haven't received an order confirmation or registration link yet?
- The access link will be sent to the email used when signing up for the event, the day of the event.
- Check your SPAM or Junk mail folder, occasionally the email can be mistaken as SPAM.
- Make sure you are checking the email account you provided during registration.
- Contact Ragan customer service at 800.878.5331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When should I log in?
- When you click the access link to join the event, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room. The moderator of the event will start promptly on time and every registrant that is in the virtual waiting room will be automatically ushered into the event
What if I can't make the scheduled date and time?
- Fees are non-refundable. Substitutions will be accepted up to 7 days prior to the event for another virtual event of equal value.
When will I get my on-demand recording of the webinar?
- Access to the on-demand recording will be sent 3-5 business days after the event date and will be available for 12 months after the event date.
Who will bill me?
- Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc.