More organizations are embracing diversity, equity & inclusion. Not only is it the right thing to do, but it's also good business. DEI improves decision making, increases innovation and can boost employee performance by up to three times, according to Deloitte.
But that doesn't mean you can just check the box. True DEI success begins with data and ends with accountability—otherwise you're not moving the needle in a way that makes a difference.
Join Leslie Ridgley (Petco), Shana Davis (Black Women's Health Imperative) Joseph Dawson (Freddie Mac) and Aerial Ellis (Lipscomb University) to assert a stronger role for communications in DEI by partnering with HR to provide the strategy and framework needed to create, communicate and quantify a successful DEI program that delivers what it promises.
Top 10 things you'll learn:
- How communications can take a leadership role in DEI programs
- Anatomy of a successful data-driven DEI communications strategy
- Measuring what matters—how to set the right goals and objectives
- Tools and tech you can use to collect DEI data around those goals
- ERGs and other resources to support your drive for change
- The best channels, content and messages to promote DEI initiatives
- How to embrace inclusive language in all your communications
- How to assess employee DEI engagement with tools like Waggle, pulse surveys, open rates, clickthroughs, social media and more
- New ways to tell your diversity story inside and outside the organization
- How to manage DEI media opportunities and measure coverage to celebrate DEI successes and drive more organizational change
- Checklist: What an Inclusive Language Toolkit Should Include
- The Diversity Style Guide (Access to Over 700 Terms and Phrases)
- D&I Organizational Assessment Grid
Join to plan, implement and improve better DEI programs.
Too many DEI programs fail to go beyond good intentions. Join to discover how to leverage data to finally create a roadmap that advances diversity at your organization.
- Purpose: How to link DEI to your organization's values and core principles
- Data: How to analyze demographic data, detect trends and identify barriers at your organization to set SMART DEI goals and objectives
- Plan: Anatomy of a DEI communication strategy built on data insights
- Management: How to integrate the plan into talent management lifecycles, business operations, decision making and communications outputs
Now that you have a data-driven plan in place, it's time to make it work. Join to see how organizations leading the diversity charge are finding success through action.
- Resources: How to empower ERGs, diversity committees and accountable teams
- Language: How to discuss DEI and cut harmful phrases from your lexicon
- Channels: Forums, formats and platforms to communicate DEI internally, from townhalls and roundtables to intranets, social media and Microsoft Teams
- Nonprofits: How implementing and measuring DEI differs for nonprofits—lessons from the Black Women’s Health Imperative, American Cancer Society and United Way
- Inclusion as a Way of Life: How to assign meaningful metrics to DEI beyond messaging
- The Communicator’s Role: How to work with HR—and when to take the lead
Diversity, equity and inclusion are moral obligations and organizational imperatives that must be tracked and managed as other business initiatives. With a deeper understanding of an organization's DEI strategy, communicators can develop more effective supporting strategic communications plans with relevant measurements of success to advance progress. Join to hear how Freddie Mac assesses, adjusts and amplifies its DEI communications efforts aligned to its DEI strategy.
In this session, you'll learn:
- Different metrics organizations use to measure DEI efforts
- Incorporating relevant measurements of success in your communications plans, tracking both quantitative and qualitative KPIs
- Leveraging the right results to adjust your efforts and amplify your DEI messaging
- Final insights to take your DEI program to the next level of success
Top 5 reasons to attend this virtual summit
- You'll listen to and interact with the nation's top DEI and communications experts.
- You'll receive all presentations and handouts.
- You'll get access to an on-demand recording of the event for six months.
- You're guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction you can use immediately.
- You can attend this immersive summit without having to leave your desk.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you work in:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion • Internal Communications • Executive Communications • Employee Engagement • HR Communications • Corporate Communications • Brand Journalism • PR
|Early Bird Rates
|Ragan Insider Registration||$500||$575|
Phone registrations and group pricing: For group orders please contact our customer service team at 800-878-5331 or email@example.com