The goal of most employee benefit statements is simple: make employees aware of the value of their compensation and benefits. However, most statements are boring, difficult to read, don’t command attention and are challenging to process. That wasn’t a problem at Atlantic Health System when it produced its refreshed 2017 total rewards statements, resulting in a first-place win in the “Visual Communication” category of Ragan’s 2017 Employee Communications Awards.
Working with the rewards communications team at Deloitte and design subcontractor, Current Graphics, Atlantic Health System produced tailored summaries of their overall benefits package, with a strong focus on wellbeing.
The primary goals of the refreshed statements were as follows:
– Educate Atlantic Health System team members by providing knowledge of and value in their unique benefits.
– Increase overall understanding by presenting information in a clear and concise way.
– Promote overall wellbeing by bringing these benefits to the forefront, and showcasing them using powerful color and design elements.
– Highlight total rewards for ALL Atlantic Health System team members via printed, mailed communications booklets.
– Engage the reader through creative concept, design, and production.
In the end, a “magazine look” was implemented – featuring strategic white space, a colorful, thematic design and brightly colored call-out bubbles – making it easy for Atlantic Health System team members to scan, process and understand key information. In a short two-month window from concept to mailing, the team provided a complete, strategic redesign and delivered more than 12,000 personalized statements to individual team member homes.
Congratulations to Atlantic Health System, Deloitte Consulting and Current Graphics for an impressive win!