If you’ve yet to read Stephanie Callahan’s “Every Email You Will Ever Get From Your Boss In PR, Ever
” on the site Thought Catalog, please go ahead and add it to your to-do list.
The piece speaks for itself, but I thought it would be a good opportunity here to point out the top five marketing/PR/business clichés that she sneaks into her clever piece. Chances are you’ve heard some of these lately if you work in this industry:
1. “This campaign could be a real game-changer for our client and position them as a thought leader in their industry.”
2. “There is really no reason to reinvent the wheel, even though there are many moving parts.”
3. “Please take a stab at including a list of all action items and I will kindly review.”
4. “I know that it’s really a tight turnaround and you have a lot on your radar right now.”
5. “Right now is the perfect storm to merchandise this cross-platform campaign.”
Well done, Ms. Callahan. We feel your pain.