While I agree with everything in his post, it got me thinking about the signs you’re happy at work. In the usual frustrations that come from working with other human beings, it can be easy to miss these signs that we really do love what do every day:
1. You have friends at work. We want to work with and for people we like and respect.
2. You enjoy helping your colleagues. You’re as invested in their success as your own.
3. You’re shocked when it’s already 4 p.m. The days fly by because you’re engaged with your work and enjoy what you’re doing.
4. You hate it when you’re sick because people are counting on you. You don’t want to let anyone down, though you know others are more than happy to fill in for you while you recover.
5. You see weekends as a way to recharge for Monday. You never have a “case of the Mondays” because your work matters to you.
6. You look for ways to share credit with others. You don’t feel the need to hoard credit to prove your worth. You want everyone to share in the success.