Now imagine that salty, buttery bag of popcorn swapped out for one full of … carrots. And those Twizzlers? Enjoy a whole-grain granola bar instead. As for the previews—replaced by commercials.
Sure, it sounds like a dreadful horror flick, but if they can replace 007’s signature martini with a Heineken—it’s true; they did—then nothing is safe anymore.
Here, for example, are 13 iconic props from Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters and how they could be replaced with a name brand:
1. “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” — No tattoos; just long-lasting ColorStay make-up from Revlon.
2. “Hunger Games” — Neosporin instead of burn ointment.
3. “American Pie” — Renaming the franchise Marie Callendar’s.
4. “The Hobbit” (prequel to “Lord of the Rings”) — Still in a bidding war between Zales and Kay’s.
5. “Fast and the Furious” — The Toyota Prius and Schwinn bicycles replace the modified Civics, Supras, and RX-7s. It’s greener that way.