It is the latest in an ever-increasing line of brands making a foray into the world of mobile commerce. At the moment, adoption of mobile commerce apps and other emerging technologies (like QR codes) hasn’t exploded yet, but evidence suggests mass proliferation isn’t far away.
For instance, here are some of the latest stats on mobile:
• By 2014, mobile Internet should over take desktop Internet use;
• One-half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices;
• 86 percent of mobile Internet users are using their devices while watching TV;
• 200 million YouTube views occur on mobile devices every day;
• 50 percent of Twitter’s 200 million users take advantage of Twitter mobile.