It can be fun to take a break from writing, editing and corporate communicating to play with words.
I love to read and write about words that others have invented.
Put aside that press release and let’s have some fun with these made-up words:
1. Afterclap: the last person to clap at a performance or event.
I know Alison is proud of her daughter, but does she have to be the afterclap every time?
2. Askhole: a person who asks too many pointless, intrusive or obnoxious questions.
I’m never going out with that askhole again.
3. Beerboarding: extracting information from colleagues by buying them drinks.
I think the only way to get answers from the IT folks is to beerboard them.
4. Confrazzled: being confused and frazzled.
Being forced to use this new content management system has left everyone confrazzled.
5. Chuckology: the study of Chuck Norris.
As the Chuckologists say, what would Chuck do?