That leaves hundreds of thousands of undiscovered words.
Let’s explore words about language and writing. How many of these do you know?
Definitions are from Dictionary.com, Urban Dictionary, Wikitionary and Oxford Dictionaries:
1. Cheville: an unnecessary word used to complete a verse.
2. Cledonism: avoidance of words thought to be unlucky.
3. Epeolatry: the worship of words.
4. Hadeharia: constant use of the word “hell.”
5. Hapax: a word that occurs only once in a given text.
6. Hypernym: a word representing a class of words or things (color is a hypernym of green).
7. Largiloquent: talkative.
8. Lethologica: the inability to remember a word.
9. Loganamnosis: obsession that occurs when trying to recall forgotten words.