I’m a bit of a word nerd.
I jot down every good media-training quote I hear. I occasionally get to use one of the witty quotes in a speech or training session.
Too many of the quotes just sit, unused, in a computer file, but they shall remain unused no longer. Here are 20 of my favorite media training quotes:
Media interview quotes
1. “Does anyone have any questions for my answers?” —Henry Kissinger
2. “It is always a risk to speak to the press: They are likely to report what you say.” —Hubert H. Humphrey
3. “The most guileful amongst the reporters are those who appear friendly and smile and seem to be supportive. They are the ones who will seek to gut you on every occasion.” —Ed Koch, former mayor of New York
4. “The questions don’t do the damage. Only the answers do.” —Sam Donaldson
5. “No word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause. —Mark Twain
6. “An orator or author is never successful till he has learned to make his words smaller than his ideas.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson