1. When gas was less than $2 a gallon.
2. How to survive without a cell phone
3. Going to the drug store to pick up photos (that were developed by the store).
4. Learning the hard way why you should have taken the ferry instead of fording the river and losing all your BFFs to the plague (Oregon Trail reference).
6. When you owned several tie-dye shirts, biker shorts—which you thought were cool to wear under skirts and skorts—and neon-colored jelly shoes. (Props if you ever wore all three together.)
7. Giving all your BFFs friendship or slap bracelets.
8. Watching TRL after school.
9. The Y2K freak out
10. Getting excited to record your family’s answering machine message.