For me, there’s a dividing line between the sites and services I use often and those I depend on to get my job done every day.
Within that list are some lesser-known but very valuable tools that I depend on every day. The following list helps me share clients’ stories with the right audiences that you might not know about yet:
1. Spike: Spike is a service that helps you spot trending stories in real time. It’s paid, but I recommend giving the free trial a try.
2. MuckRack: MuckRack should already be on your devices by definition: Where journalists and sources connect.
3. Quora: On Quora, you can post questions and get answers from people with real experience. I use it as inspiration for story ideas and angles.
4. Tumblr: Tumblr is the best social network for finding, telling, or sharing visual stories.
5. Flipboard: Flipboard is the best mobile news aggregator and reader, period.