To defeat writer’s block we don’t actually need to write. But we do need to get unstuck and break the block. It’s not in the hands. It’s in the brain. So hit the a reset button.
Here are 26 ways to get ideas flowing again.
1. Listen to music without lyrics, such as a classical station on Pandora.
2. Close your eyes and picture a peaceful, quiet scene.
3. Breathe deeply.
4. Jump for 60 seconds.
5. Do a puzzle with numbers, like Sudoku.
8. Hum to a happy song.
9. Get up and make a cup of tea.
10. Move your right elbow to your left knee and your left elbow to your right knee 10 times.
11. Pretend you’re in the second grade and explaining the project for Show and Tell, and do that out loud.
12. Write out an affirmation and walk to mirror, look at your reflection and repeat it to yourself.
13. Read a poem out loud.