How do I get started with blogging?
• Start with your strategy. What are you trying to do and why? What does “success” look like to you? Money? Community? Actions? New friends?
• Write the headlines of the first 25 blog posts headlines you would like to compose. Compare this with your strategy. Does it fit? Is there a common theme you can stick to for the long term?
• As far as technology, I recommend using WordPress. It works and it can expand with your needs over time. Leave the tech stuff to the tech people. Spend your time on content.
• Write consistently. It may take months for you to find your voice and your rhythm. You have to just do it.
• Commit. Carve out time on your schedule to work on this every week. To be successful, it can’t be an after-thought.
• Don’t be discouraged at first. It takes time to find success. Last month, I had the same number of page views as my first 18 months of blogging all put together. Be patient.
How often should I blog?
Depends on your strategy (a common theme). At a minimum, shoot for one new post per month. But here’s an easy regimen to follow if you want to shoot for one great blog post per week: