Overlay.tv explored this notion in interviews with digital influencers at SXSW.
C.C. Chapman put together the project for Overlay and noticed five trends.
1. Equipment has gotten smaller, less expensive, and easier to use. Anyone can have easy access to a portable camera.
2. Major companies are using video content for things like daily recaps and trend/idea roundups.
3. People are motivated to learn how to make better videos.
4. People are more comfortable speaking in videos. It’s become more socially “normal” to be around recording devices.
5. Companies are wise to sponsor mini-studio areas at major events, giving content creators an easy place to shoot video and maybe even get a bit of additional PR in the process from thankful videographers.