Any PR major knows what it’s like: constantly being “on” or “in the know.” The rush of adrenaline you get when a brand screws up. The wave of sympathy (or jealousy) you feel for publicists who work with the likes of Amanda Bynes or Miley Cyrus.
For better or worse, you love the business you’re about to embark on. Need further proof? BuzzFeed published a list of 10 things only PR majors can appreciate. Here are our five favorites:
• You are 95% sure that there’s actually coffee in your veins instead of blood.
• Your friends and family don’t bother to check the news anymore. They just ask you, because they know you’ve already scoured every piece of anything newsworthy.
• You explain your major by comparing yourself to Samantha from “Sex and the City,” because it’s the only way people understand. Sigh.
• You become unreasonably excited when there’s a huge communication crisis in the news because you know you’ll spend almost the entire class period the next day discussing it in depth.
• The word “Bateman” sends shivers down your spine.
Read the rest of BuzzFeed‘s list here. What would you add?