Strong and effective communication skills are critical to your business success.
Here are 99 nuggets on business communication, networking, interviews, and social media that you can use to supercharge your department and career.
Off we go!
1. Believe body language. It doesn’t lie.
2. Remember that every statement or comment doesn’t require a response.
3. Choose your words carefully.
4. Speak and write with clarity.
5. Read whenever possible; it expands your vocabulary.
6. Be aware of your speech patterns and habits, including inflection, pacing, and tone of voice.
7. Avoid interrupting people. We’re adults. One voice at a time.
8. Keep slang at home.
9. Stay away from “empty” words such as “Frankly,” “Really,” and “Actually.”
10. Prepare an outline when speaking at meetings and presentations.
11. Focus conversations on other people, not yourself.
12. Weave names into conversations. Everyone’s favorite word is their own name.