The nonprofit No Kid Hungry successfully created an awareness initiative that engaged corporate partners, consumers and stakeholders to raise awareness of the importance of school breakfast.
No Kid Hungry had two main goals for its Powered By Breakfast campaign:
- Drive consumer awareness by making the campaign highly visible on No Kid Hungry channels and through earned and paid media. The organization hoped to secure three national and local media placements.
- Engage at least five corporate partners to engage with the initiative and support it on their social media.
The campaign was launched with a pop-up event at the Santa Monica Pier. The event included music, swag and stationary bikes that powered inflatable breakfast foods, illustrating the idea of food as fuel. Corporate sponsors and brand ambassadors echoed the message.
The campaign drew multiple corporate sponsors, as well as these wins:
- Some 40.3 million media impressions, including media partnerships with Good Day LA, Romper and Mic.
- More than 3,400 social posts.
- Nearly 600 social posts and six blog posts from digital influencers, generating 12.6 million impressions. Corporate partners were featured in more than half of the posts from influencers.
- USA Today featured data from a survey conducted by No Kid Hungry and YouGov about childhood hunger in the U.S.
Visit Ragan.com/Awards to learn more about awards opportunities.