The sea of content that floods the internet is not subsiding—and lackadaisical marketers risk missing the tide.
Casting out scores of mediocre blog posts, videos and social media posts, hoping for audiences to bite, is a poor substitute for a robust strategy. Instead, identify your target audience and develop a content marketing strategy that produces useful, engaging content that readers want to consume.
You can’t just dip your toes into the content marketing pool, either. According to an infographic from PointVisible, organizations that invest time and money into developing a concrete content marketing strategy are more successful than “those who have a verbal strategy only, or even no strategy at all.”
The infographic shares the current state of content marketing and offers trends that savvy marketers can follow to achieve content marketing success.
For B2C marketers, PointVisible argues there is room for organizations to rise above the competition:
- While 60 percent of B2C marketers are extremely/very committed to content marketing, only 38 percent have a content marketing strategy in place.
- Email is still a strong source of content marketing, with 86 percent saying they still use this in their content efforts.
- Nearly 80 percent of marketers say they have metrics that can prove increased engagement through content marketing.
[FREE DOWNLOAD: 50 Ways Communicators Must Influence the Post-Pandemic Era]
On the B2B side, content marketing is quickly becoming an industry standard:
- Thirty-seven percent of B2B marketers have a documented content marketing strategy.
- Seventy-five percent of brand managers who haven’t developed a content marketing strategy plan to do so within 12 months.
- Thirty-eight percent of marketers plan to increase spending on content marketing over the next 12 months.
Tired tactics won’t cut it anymore, either.
Here’s a sampling of what the experts say will work for content marketers in the future:
- “Stop talking about your brand, and start creating content people want to read, watch or listen to.”
- “Success will come from telling the truth. Always.”
- “Content marketing in 2018 is no longer just about words but about creating experiences.”
View the infographic below to see how organizations plan to invest in content going forward and gain insight into content marketing’s bright future.