Less is not always more.
Long-form content (content with more than 2,000 words) performs better because it gets you more shares on social media, you get more links to your website, and you increase your website authority. It is related to higher rankings in search results since the average content length of the top 10 search results is typically over2,000 words.
There is also a correlation between longer content and more shares on social media.
1. Clearly identify your goals for your content.
2. Decide on gated (where a visitor has to fill out a form) or non-gated content.
3. Select a topic that will deliver value to your audience.
4. Decide who will write the content (some internally or externally).
5. Optimize your content for conversions.
6. Create a comprehensive and creative content promotion strategy.
Check out this infographic below by SerpLogic to learn more about the key benefits of long-form content, why you should create it and how to do it well: