My first reaction to this announcement was: Didn’t it do that last fall?
Yes, Facebook did launch Facebook for Media last fall, but that page is more geared to media, the entity.
“Journalists on Facebook” (or “Facebook and Journalists,” depending on what you read), is all about the individual. It exists to help journalists better wrangle the power of Facebook for journalism with the help of Facebook-provided best practices and peer collaboration from a swelling community of journalism professionals.
What can you expect from ‘Journalists on Facebook’?
Facebook asked: “What do you hope to gain from the ‘Journalists on Facebook’ page?” As of this post, the question has received more than 440 votes. The top responses so far include:
• A look into how other journalists are using Facebook
• Tips for keeping readers engaged on Facebook
• Connecting with other journalists
• Information on the future of social news
• Insight into what works [on Facebook] and for who[m]