Social media has reached a maturity level many once thought unfathomable.
Think back to the early days of Friendster, MySpace and even Facebook: Who could have imagined then that in a matter of years several social platforms would grow into multi-billion dollar organizations?
Though Friendster and MySpace have disappeared from the narrative, platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook have become mainstays in our collective consciousness.
Social media has also come to dominate the marketing landscape, with 83 percent of marketers saying they’ve used online platforms to boost the presence and perception of their organizations and clients.
As social media continues to mature in 2017, watch for these eight trends:
1. Live-streaming video
2. The rise of chatbots
3. Additional expiring social content
4. Merging of social platforms
5. Harder acquisition of organic social traffic
6. Virtual and augmented reality
7. More personalized content
8. Increased reliance on social media power users
For more on these trends, check out CJG Digital Marketing’s infographic below: