Few themes have overtaken American society over the past few years quite like trust has.
Reading PR case studies (including those on PR Daily) can be a crash course in which organizations you can and cannot trust. Reading political news today, you might get the sense that there’s no one you can trust.
Still, we have to trust someone or something, right?
A recent study from Halo, an e-cigarette company (of all places) surveyed 500 Americans to find out which industries they trust the most.
Here are the top 10 fields that inspire confidence:
5. Arts, entertainment and recreation
6. Agriculture, forestry, fishing, hunting
8. Transportation and warehousing
9. Medical and health care
10. Hotel, food, services and hospitality
The industries in which consumers have the least certainty are:
1. Oil and petroleum
2. Marketing and advertising
3. Finance and insurance