Because many people are still learning, some insider tips are helpful and crucial to their effectiveness on their social media channels. Here is a bevy of tips, plus a bonus “cheat sheet” SlideShare deck.
1. A fan page is for your company Facebook page; a profile page is for your personal page. Remember the difference, or Facebook will shut your page down. That would be a major “fail.”
2. Use the real estate available to you: Put up a great profile pic, have a bio, and add links to your other sites.
3. Add pictures. Pictures enable people to see what your brand is about and realize it’s more than just a “logo.” Upload pictures from events, conferences, demos, and just the regular everyday awesomeness in your office.
4. Be human! Don’t just post, post, post. No one wants to hear all about you, all the time. Ask questions, reply, and talk as you would in everyday life.
5. Share other people’s posts. Engage and demonstrate that you value content and opinions from others, too.
6. Connect your platforms. Did you write a blog post? Have it automatically post on your Facebook page so others can have access to it easily and quickly.