Unlike Google AdWords, there isn’t any certification for social media. There’s not a test to take that’ll tell you how good you are. There’s a low barrier to entry. Create a free account and voila! You’re on social media.
With that in mind, here are the top 10 reasons to know you’re a social media expert:
1. You have more than six social profiles: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Flickr, Foursquare.
2. You subscribe to Mashable. Bonus points if you’ve written a blog post about Mashable.
3. You have a blog. Bonus points if the blog has “social” in the title.
4. You’ve checked-in to a business via Foursquare, Facebook, and Google+.
5. You know your Klout score by heart.