Businesses are still learning the most effective ways to engage with fans. The questions often being asked are:
1. How often should we post?
2. What type of posts will drive fan engagement?
3. When should we publish our wall updates?
Research by Buddy Media has the answers. Although the data is taken from user engagement of the top 100 retailers during a six-month period in 2011, some of the lessons can apply to many types of businesses.
Here are the findings:
1. Best time to post: 8 p.m.-7 a.m.
The analysis showed it was best to post when fans were not at work; between the hours of 8 p.m. and 7 a.m. Post during these “non-busy” hours to increase likes and comments.
2. Best days to post: Wednesdays