I am in that mode in a serious way, so I thought I’d share my “How to know you’re spending way too much time at work” list.
Without further ado (because I don’t have much time) …
You know you’re spending too much time at work when:
1. Your 13-year-old sings the background tunes to the conference call music he hears on speakerphone eight hours a day.
2. The dark circles you’re sporting under your eyes these days look like they’re becoming permanent.
3. You spend more time with your work partner than you do with your life partner.
4. A 10:30 p.m. conference call sounds like a perfectly reasonable request.
5. You have no groceries in the house and the kids are eating pizza for the third night in a row, but when you run out of coffee it suddenly requires an emergency trip to the grocery store.