Social media marketing and the community building it naturally entails means sharing content with your community or prospective members of it. Share well and you have a vibrant, happy community that you can convert for sales, rely on to help you with your business, and count on during a crisis.
Share badly, and you end up in an echo chamber with no one but yourself.
Here are a few questions you should ask before sharing any piece of content on social media:
1. Will anyone in the community find this useful? Will anyone be offended by it?
2. Who (what segments of the community) will enjoy it? Pieces of content that you share in social media don’t have to be relevant to everyone in the community all the time.
3. What about this content will they enjoy?
4. How likely is the content to breed discussion and foster reaction?
5. Is the content produced by you or another source?