To that end, here are the 12 things I wish the media knew:
1. That PR is not journalism’s bitch.
2. That replying to a carefully crafted pitch, even if it’s to say you don’t want to pursue a story, is very important and curries a lot of favor.
3. That PR pros have a job to do, just like journalists. Please don’t spit venom; be civilized.
4. That there is only one correct way to spell the name of your client, organization, or boss.
5. That getting the website URL wrong is tantamount to kicking me in the teeth.
6. That PR folks have already heard how much journalists they suck and how we do things that annoy them.
7. That you, dear media member, sometimes need me and others like me.