I like to collect infographics and statistics on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Internet marketing. Recently, there’s been a number of interesting news items related to Twitter, and I’m going to share these with you.
20 awesome facts about Twitter – 2012 Edition:
1. There are 100 million active Twitter users.
2. 50 percent of these 100 million users log in every day.
3. 40 percent of Twitter users don’t actually tweet; instead, they read news, click links, and follow accounts.
4. 15 percent of adult on the Internet used Twitter in February 2012.
5. Twitter has 500 million registered profiles; 100 million are from the U.S.
6. The top three countries that use Twitter are the United States, Brazil, and Japan.
7. Twitter gets 300,000 new visitors every day.
8. 11 Twitter accounts are created every second.
9. One million accounts are added to Twitter every day
10. On a busy day, Twitter sees about 175 million tweets.
11. 750 tweets are shared on Twitter per second.