I’m not nearly clever enough to come up with, “The fortune you seek is in another cookie,” or, “It would be best to maintain a low profile for now,” but see what you think of these:
1. Leo Tolstoy handwrote War and Peace by candlelight.
2. Use the singular “they.” Go on. Try it.
3. Hypergraphia: A compulsion to write, sometimes uncontrollably.
4. Every time you misuse an exclamation mark, a puppy dies.
5. Clarity begins at home.
6. Read what makes you happy.
7. It’s all fun and games until you edit a friend’s copy.
8. Wasn’t there a Dickens novel about this?
9. Most of your writing is fine.
10. There is not an app for that. RELATED: Improve your writing today with this free guide.
11. “A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with.”—Winston Churchill
12. A new pair of shoes will do you a world of good.