Inspired by a recent XKCD comic—a “webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language”—here are 21 questions I asked myself one day at work:
1. Why do people send emails with 10 MB attachments?
2. What does “econometrics” mean?
3. Who keeps adjusting the thermostat?
4. Does “fail safe” have a hyphen?
5. Why is the answer always “no” when I ask for anything from the IT department?
6. Haven’t we been doing content marketing all along?
7. Why isn’t the paper copy of the AP Stylebook indexed?
8. Why do people think commas are periods?
9. Do you really think that using the word “utilize” instead of “use” makes you sound smarter?
10. Why do we continue to argue about the serial comma?
11. Could you make a presentation without using PowerPoint?