The environment in which employees work is worth more to them than the salary they earn.
Workplace culture is crucial to attracting and retaining the best and brightest employees and fostering long and productive careers (within your organization).
A study conducted by BetterUp found that employees will work harder and stay with organizations longer if they find their jobs meaningful. A major factor in fostering meaningful work is the culture within the workplace, according to the study. Workers rated a strong social support system as the most important way to make work meaningful.
What, then, are the best places to work, according to Great Place to Work?
The organization released its “2019 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For” to answer this question.
Employees answered more than 60 questions related to what makes their organization a Great Place to Work For All. A majority of the questions (85%) pertain to the level of trust they have in their organization and their potential to achieve successes there.
Hospitality organization Hilton took the top spot on this year’s list.
One employee was quoted as saying:
“Hilton truly has hospitality at its core, resulting in a unique team member and guest focus that is unlike any other company I have seen. The company invests in me and my team, and encourages an entrepreneurial approach to our work.”
Salesforce, last year’s winner, landed at No. 2 this year.
Here are the top 10:
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Edward Jones
- Ultimate Software
- Texas Health Resources
- The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.
See the full list here.
Want to work for organizations topping this year’s list? Here are choice career opportunities from five of the top 10:
- Hilton is looking for a senior manager of Caribbean and Latin America marketing operations in Miami.
- Salesforce seeks a vice president of content marketing in San Francisco.
- Workday is searching for a senior digital marketing manager in London.
- Cisco is seeking a communications manager for Japan in Tokyo.
- Ultimate Software is looking to hire a PR and marketing writer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Not the job for you? See what else we have in our weekly professional pickings:
If you have a position you’d like to see highlighted in PR Daily’s weekly jobs post, or if you’re searching for career opportunities, RaganJobs.com is the perfect place to find or post high-quality job openings.