1. 85 percent of women are annoyed by their friends (note—I don’t think this is just limited to Facebook!)
2. Links about sex are shared 90 percent more than any other link.
3. More than 350 million users suffer from Facebook Addiction Syndrome.
4. 25 percent of users don’t bother with any kind of privacy control.
5. The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
Statistics from Economist, Social Times, CNN.
6. 750 tweets per second are shared on Twitter.
7. The original Twitter beta was launched on the birthday of CEO Evan Williams.
8. If Twitter was a country, it’d be the 12th largest in the world.
9. 30percent of Twitter users have an income of more than $100,000.
10. Twitter handles more search queries per month than Bing and Yahoo combined (24 billion versus 4.1 billion and 9.4 billion respectively).
Statistics from Compete, Twitter Press Centre and BNN News.