Before getting into how you can repurpose your original content, let’s look at why you should do so.
First, you’ll ensure your content lives longer. Sure, you can share the same article over and over again, but that doesn’t mean it will live longer. It just means you will bore your audience.
Second, you have the chance to reach more people when you adapt your PR content to each social media channel, and you’ll bring more traffic to your website and blog.
Once you set your brain to find ways to repurpose existing content, you’ll see new opportunities that will lead to even more content ideas, which you can later repurpose—and on and on.
Here are ways you can adapt and recycle your content:
1. Short videos. Create a video with the main takeaways. You can use AdobeSpark to create a video or your own smartphone camera to narrate it. If you want to go wild, record yourself talking about the main takeaways and then add text in the editing phase. If you don’t have the skills to handle that, it’s worth it to hire a videographer.
2. Quotes. Split your content into evergreen bites of wisdom that can be widely shared. Choose powerful, high-quality images that enhance your content; the cost will be worth it. Add your logo on the imagery, so people know who you are.
3. Podcasts. Whether it’s your own podcast or you’re a guest, tell people what you want them to remember. Use your storytelling skills to make it memorable.
4. Infographics. Sometimes you connect better with your audience through visuals rather than written word. Infographics are easy to read and easy to share on social media. Find a good designer; it’s also worth the investment.
5. E-books. These generate leads and bring traffic to your website. Turn your content into an e-book, put it behind a landing page, and start promoting it when the hype around the original content has died down.
6. Presentations. Slideshows are another great way to repurpose content. On each slide have one key point or takeaway from your original piece. Once you finished your slides deck, upload it to SlideShare.
7. Live video. Use Facebook Live or other streaming options to talk about your key points. Invite people to participate during your live show. Answer their questions, and make yourself available to further the conversation after your appearance. Instagram live is a great way to engage your audience, because it has a short life and people won’t want to miss it.
A version of this article originally appeared on Spin Sucks.