Does running your own agency come with an early wake-up call?
For Quinn Collins, founder of Collins + Co., that’s exactly what it means. She manages her team remotely, which means the workday is less defined.
Is that a blessing or a curse? Here’s what she has to say about the life a PR entrepreneur in our latest in the Day in the Life series:
1. What time do you wake up?
My alarm goes off at 5:10 a.m.
2. How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?
2.5, mostly at room temperature
3. Who is the most important person at work you talk to during your day?
I talk to my entire team throughout the day, which always makes me feel engaged and energized, but the most important people I talk to are our clients—listening to their successes and struggles. We do our jobs better when we talk less and listen more.
4. What’s one tool that you couldn’t live without?
5. What’s the last thing you do before finishing your workday?
Creating a remote work environment, I would say there isn’t really a defined “end,” which is a blessing and curse. But I do try to make sure my to-do list for the day is complete. I take a look at what’s on deck on the calendar for the following day and that I’ve read through every email received in the last 24 hours.
6. What keeps you up at night?
I’m a business owner and a mom in 2020, so it’s a wonder I get any sleep. I always have lots going on in my brain, but what keeps me up are truly the ideas and opportunity development—less worry.
7. What trend or change is the next big thing in communications and/or your industry?
PR is changing every day and looking into the crystal ball who knows what the next trend will be. It’s important to be willing to adapt, change and be comfortable in the gray; otherwise, you’ll sink.