The PR life is always changing—but that’s what makes it fun for Red Lorry Yellow Lorry’s Meredith L. Eaton.
We caught up with her to ask about how she gets though the day and—although she relies on black tea instead of coffee—she, too, is caffeinated for the work ahead. Other tools that help?
Eaton offers LinkedIn as an indispensable platform for building new business.
See what she has to say about a typical day in the life of a PR pro:
1. What time do you wake up?
5:30 a.m. when I’m feeling motivated to get in a workout before my day begins, otherwise 6:45 a.m.
2. How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?
Just two to three cups of black tea for me, please. (Perhaps my London-headquartered agency is rubbing off on me, because, naturally, we threw out all the tea here in Boston.)
3. Who is the most important person at work you talk to during your day?
My teams. Of course, clients, prospects and media are all still important, but without our people, we wouldn’t have a business. They come first.
4. What’s one tool that you couldn’t live without?
LinkedIn. If you’re in more of a business development role, I think you’ll agree.
5. What’s the last thing you do before finishing your workday?
Check my email drafts in case I forgot to hit send on anything. It happens more often than I’d like to admit.
6. What keeps you up at night?
Why it’s taking so long for someone to get back to me. Did my email get stuck in spam? Are they ghosting me? Did I have their email address wrong? What is it?
7. What trend or change is the next big thing in communications and/or your industry?
Voice search and helping brands capitalize on the trend.
8. Anything else you want to share?
A “day in the life” is hard to pin down for PR since every day is different, but that’s what makes it so fun!